wrong device information? RRS feed

• Question

• my PC is a Dell Dimension B110 with a celeron D processor (service tag:2KVCY81 and has windows XP home edition) that was bought new from dell by my sister-in-law.  i do not know when it was purchased by her. and she has not had anywork done to it. She gave it to me in 2009 and she had lost the software and system disk so i called Dell and they were kind enough to send me a replacement set on 02/06/2009. (DELL ORDER# 635260734)  from Lockbourne, OH. The only changes i have made to it is i added a CD ROM just after she gave it to me. and i had 2gigs of memory added by a friend of mine. he is A+ certified and he came to my house and i watched him install it.  it works ok. but has had a few issues off and on. Which i can get fixed by useing the Microsoft Fix it Center. which works fine until the fix it center tells me of other problems they find and fix.  i finally looked at the device information which reads its a DE051 AT/AT comp.X86-BASED with a celeron R.  I think mine  runs 32 but im no computer guy. What can i do to fix this problem? I really like the PC.  Can this problem be fixed?  thanks you for your time.  doug randall

douglas randall
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:14 PM