Wells Fargo Fees Warning RRS feed

• Question

• Just received a new Wells Fargo Credit card account. I set up Pocket Sense to work with it using the following sites.dat entry which worked:

<site>
        SiteName   : Wells Fargo
        AcctType   : CCSTMT  #credit card
        fiorg      : WF
        fid        : 3000
        url        : https://ofxdc.wellsfargo.com/ofx/process.ofx
        bankid     :
        brokerid   :
        appid      : QWIN
        appver     : 2400
        mininterval:
    </site>

A few minutes later, I received this email from WF:

=================================================
    Dear RONALD ROSENFELD,

Thank you for enrolling in the Quicken or QuickBooks(R) Direct Connect service at Wells Fargo. 

Your monthly subscription fees for this service will be billed to the checking or savings account listed below.  To learn more about fees for the Quicken(R) or QuickBooks(R) Direct Connect service at Wells Fargo, please visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees

Account: No account available for billing NONE

If you did not wish to enroll in the Direct Connect service, or wish to make changes to the account being billed for this service, please contact us at 1-800-956-4442. We are available to assist you from 5:00 am to 9:00 pm Pacific Time, Sunday through Saturday
    ============================================================

Looking at their fee schedule, for simple access it is $3/month.  Even though there was "no account available for billing", I did not want to take a chance, so I called the number and cancelled the service.

After cancelling, a few minutes later, I received this automated email:

==================================

Dear RONALD ROSENFELD,

Your QuickBooks(R) or Quicken(R) service has been suspended as of 2016-08-21, because a valid billing account has not been designated for this service. 

Until you designate a valid billing account, you will no longer have the ability to download account transactions into your software, transfer funds between your accounts, or pay bills.  As a courtesy to you, any pending and/or scheduled bill payments that were set up prior to the suspension date will be paid.  Any payments scheduled to go out after the suspension date will be cancelled

In order to address this issue, please call us at 1-800-956-4442. We are available to assist you 5:00am to 9:00pm Pacific Time, Sunday through Saturday

=================================================

Has anyone else had this issue with WF?

Ron

Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:44 PM