server.msi parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

Do you know where can I find a list of properties that I can pass to the server.msi package in order to specify the destination for the SQL Server databases (Data and Log)?

Thanks

Sylvain

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Sylvain,

Did you check the OCS_CommandLine.doc?

In the Pools section you will find the syntax for creating a pool, e.g.:

LCSCmd.exe /Forest /Action:CreatePool /PoolNameStick out tongueool01 /PoolbeStick out tongueool01-backend\Live /RefDomain:corp.woodgrovebank.com /dbdatapath:“e:\Microsoft\LC Data”/dblogpath:“d:\Microsoft\LC Log” /DynDataPath:“e:\Microsoft\LC DynData /DynLogPath:“d:\Microsoft\LC DynLog” MeetingContentPath:“d:\Microsoft\MeetingData” /MeetingMetaPath:“d:\Microsoft\MetaData”

In the "Communications Server 2007 Usage Instructions, Parameters, and Switches" section, you will find a short explanation:

/DBDataPath

Specifies the folder where the database data file will be located.

/DBLogPath

Specifies the folder where DB log file is located.

/DynDataPath

Specifies the folder where dynamic database data log file should be located.

/DynLogPath

Specifies the folder where dynamic database log file should be located.

Does that does not answer your question?

Thanks

Bernd

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Sylvain,

Did you check the OCS_CommandLine.doc?

In the Pools section you will find the syntax for creating a pool, e.g.:

LCSCmd.exe /Forest /Action:CreatePool /PoolNameStick out tongueool01 /PoolbeStick out tongueool01-backend\Live /RefDomain:corp.woodgrovebank.com /dbdatapath:“e:\Microsoft\LC Data”/dblogpath:“d:\Microsoft\LC Log” /DynDataPath:“e:\Microsoft\LC DynData /DynLogPath:“d:\Microsoft\LC DynLog” MeetingContentPath:“d:\Microsoft\MeetingData” /MeetingMetaPath:“d:\Microsoft\MetaData”

In the "Communications Server 2007 Usage Instructions, Parameters, and Switches" section, you will find a short explanation:

/DBDataPath

Specifies the folder where the database data file will be located.

/DBLogPath

Specifies the folder where DB log file is located.

/DynDataPath

Specifies the folder where dynamic database data log file should be located.

/DynLogPath

Specifies the folder where dynamic database log file should be located.

Does that does not answer your question?

Thanks

Bernd

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:29 AM
  • Thank you very much, I will try this immediately. I don't understand why I've not seen this section in the document.

Regards

Sylvain

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:24 AM
  • Ok, I know why I cannot do what you said. In fact I want to install a Standard Edition Server. The CreatePools command is only for enterprise server.

Maybe that I can use the same parameters during the standard Edition Server Activation, but in this case it's not documented.

I will try.

Sylvain

Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:06 PM
  • I've found the properties to specify the databases paths in the command line of the server.msi package for a Standard installation of MOCS :

DBUSERDATADRIVE ("D:" for example)

DBUSERLOGDRIVE

DBDYNDATADRIVE

DBDYNLOGDRIVE

DBUSERDATADIR ("D:\SQL\Data" for example)

DBUSERLOGDIR

DBDYNDATADIR

DBDYNLOGDIR

Sylvain

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:04 AM