asp.net controls doubt................! RRS feed

• Question

• respected sir ...... i am new to .net,sir i want what is the difference between the scriptmanger and script manager proxy controls in asp.net ajax......and also it is possible to maintan the web.config files more than one in the project.....means one for root directory files and other for admin......and also in the tool bar we have pointer control what is the purpose of that one.....please tell me .....i want straight forward answer...... thank u......

• Moved by SamAgain Friday, October 22, 2010 5:44 AM not bcl question (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:08 AM

All replies

• You may want to try posting to the ASP.NET forums:

http://forums.asp.net/

Hope this  helps.

www.insteptech.com ; msmvps.com/blogs/deborahk
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:41 AM
  • Hello,

The difference between the script manager and the script manager proxy is that the proxy can be used on nested elements in order to provide script manager features to those elements. Keep in mind that a script manager must be present in order to use a proxy. Consider this scenario: You have a master page with a script manager on it. Then you have a page that uses that master page and you need access to the script manager. You will have to add your proxy on the page, and any script registrations you do on your page via the proxy, will be reflected on the script manager instance in your master page at runtime.

As far as concerning web configuration files, you can add additional files to subdirectories, in addition to your root directory. Keep in mind that subdirectories will inherit configuration from any parent, unless the setting is overriden. You could also create locations in your root config file and provide specific settings you would like to change for that page/service/handler/folder.

I hope that helps.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post. Please consider ASP.NET Ajax forum as a better option.

Please mark the right answer at the right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:44 AM