This is really surprising RRS feed

• Question

• Is this a new forum?

what is it about?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:37 PM

Answers

• Here's the purposes of this and the other 2 forums as stated in the readme.txt from the CD containing the Windows Operating System Internals Curriculum Resource Kit (CRK) and Windows Research Kernel (WRK) that has recently been handed out to academic people at two recent conferences (one in Houston, TX and one in Beijing):

Curriculum
            A discussion forum regarding development of operating systems curriculum
            based on the Windows kernel, including use of the Windows Curriculum
            Resource Kit, the Windows Research Kernel, and ProjectOZ.

Kernel
            Questions & answers regarding the Windows Research Kernel,
            its architecture, source code, and use in teaching and research.

ProjectOZ
            Questions & answers regarding use of ProjectOZ for teaching and
            research of operating systems topics.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:07 PM

All replies

• Here's the purposes of this and the other 2 forums as stated in the readme.txt from the CD containing the Windows Operating System Internals Curriculum Resource Kit (CRK) and Windows Research Kernel (WRK) that has recently been handed out to academic people at two recent conferences (one in Houston, TX and one in Beijing):

Curriculum
            A discussion forum regarding development of operating systems curriculum
            based on the Windows kernel, including use of the Windows Curriculum
            Resource Kit, the Windows Research Kernel, and ProjectOZ.

Kernel
            Questions & answers regarding the Windows Research Kernel,
            its architecture, source code, and use in teaching and research.

ProjectOZ
            Questions & answers regarding use of ProjectOZ for teaching and
            research of operating systems topics.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:07 PM
  • Well Mr. David Solomon , and Mr.Pradeep,
    you can also know much more about Microsoft Forums in www.forums.microsoft.com
    And said above this the main purpose is to Discuss about the Curriculum , Kernal and ProjectOZ related isssues here.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2007 8:05 PM
  • I have really enjoyed the think which u have posted....
    First of all thanks for that.
    I know the basics of this forum with ur message.
    have a nice time.

Thank u
    Thursday, February 8, 2007 7:22 AM
  • Hello,

Where do i get the curriculum resource kit?

Thursday, February 8, 2007 9:47 AM
  • Hi there all.

My name is Chris and I am a faculty connection member based at Open University Australia.

I am interested in the CD referred to here in this thread - the disk handed out at the Houston & Beijng conferences for Academia - but unfortunately was not able to attend either of these events.

Nevertheless I would like to obtain the CD either as an actual real disk mailed out to me or via a URL to a downloadable ISO image which I can then burn.

I am aware all the disk's contents are available for download and I have already obtained them through faculty connection and MSDN but this is not the issue - I am simply after the original ISO image or actual CD for historical reasons.

Call me a purist but, as with most items, I prefer to obtain a copy of the original in the exact form in which it was first released.

Anyway, all I ask is if someone could please take 15 mins out their day and provide me a private URL (either FTP or HTTP) which goes directly to the ISO so I can download it - I would be very appreciative and would remember this favour - please just email me the link directly: simulatedrealitylimited@gmail.com

PS:

As I have just downloaded all these items (CRK, WRK, OZ) and not had a chance to take a proper and decent look yet (too busy preparing for next semester - designing new curriculum and trying to make space so I can include the WRK in my NT teachings) can anyone tell me how the Windows Research Kernel is actually built -> ie does this source use the same build system as the NT source code or is it made under something else more esoteric and custom -> put simply ->

does this CD and/or the downloadable WRK include a razzle.cmd that set's up a build window just like the actual NT source ?

Monday, November 26, 2007 5:09 AM