Streets & Trips 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• After making a map and closing it, when I try to reopen it I get an error message "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end.  Before this, I could open maps from the beginning of the year or older.  Any suggestions?
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:55 PM

All replies

• Are you certain the file name is Kosher, i. e., doesn't have any characters Windows doesn't like as part of its file name?

If that is a possibility, you might be able to rename the file in Windows Explorer and then open it.

Otherwise, I cannot think of a reason for you not to be able to open a file created in S&T 2010.

Friday, October 7, 2011 9:43 PM
  • "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end" 

I'm having the same problem, after re-installing S&T 2008, but only with my largest, newest map.  It opens others, that I don't need any more, just fine.  The one it won't open has the addresses and years marked of most of our ancestors, so it's quite valuable to us, and would take a year or two to do over!  I'll try renaming it, but I'm not optimistic.

Babbaroni
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Nope, renaming it didn't work, and it has no "non-kosher" characters.  It was named "ancestral homes.est" , and now it's named "our ancestral homes.est" .  Files names "New Roots Map.est" and "new ancestral homes collection.est" open fine (though I have no idea what possessed me to give them those names... heh heh).

It IS a very, very "large" (great number of locations marked) map.  Could that be the problem?  What an odd error message...

Babbaroni
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Hi Pat,

This may shed some light on the issue.

Laptop GPS World
    Friday, January 27, 2012 11:13 AM