Money UK 2005 - cannot import bank reconcilliations RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Money UK 2005 with patch on to a laptop running Vista. Have also done a full restore of all my money files. Everything works fine until i access my bank account and try and download/import reconcilliations. I get an error message saying "unable to download export data 4.do from i bank. Unable to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found". I have got a simular Money UK 2005 set up on my Vista desktop PC which has been running for years with no problems importing files from my bank. Anybody got any ideas why i cannot import files from my bank on to my laptop with the newly installed Money 2005 with patch,which i downloaded from a link from this forum. 
    • Edited by hardymel Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:30 PM

Answers

• Cal - You are a genius ! it worked a treat. Just imported my bank reconcilliations without any problems. Great to have money experts on hand to help novices like me.
    • Marked as answer by hardymel Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 AM

All replies

• Is this a web access method? In IE, untick Tools->InternetOptions->DoNotSaveEncryptedPagesToDisk.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Cal learner - Thanks for the quick reply. My browser is Firefox and i cannot find the tools option to carry out your suggestion. Any idea where this would be on Firefox ?.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:09 PM
  • Microsoft Money uses IE. I presumed you were talking about something occuring while you were inside Microsoft Money, and possibly using the browser interface from inside Microsoft Money.

So if that is not the case, what is it you do when you "access my bank account and try and download/import reconcilliations"?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:18 PM
  • I am using the browser interface from within Money. From my account i click on "connect to bank" then click on" bank website",i then have full on-line access to my bank account but cannot export data to my money file. I assume when i do this that it is using the firefox browser,i have the same set up on my desktop with no problem. Don`t understand what you mean by Money uses IE ! still do not know where to find the tools option instruction.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Close Money for now. Open Internet Explorer. To do that, try Start (maybe orb in lower left hand corner of computer screen) ->AllPrograms->InternetExplorer. If you don't have that, Start->AllPrograms->Accessories->SystemTools->InternetExploer(NoAddons).

Poke the Alt key momentarily if you don't see Tools. You should then see Tools near the top of the window. Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced->DoNotSaveEncryptedPagesToDisk.  Untick that. Click OK.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:30 PM
  • Cal - You are a genius ! it worked a treat. Just imported my bank reconcilliations without any problems. Great to have money experts on hand to help novices like me.
    • Marked as answer by hardymel Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:54 AM