Assign a Task to a queue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to be able to assign a task to a Queue and not an individual.  However, when I select the lookup on the task 'owner' I only get users, not queues.  I can assign a Case to a queue, but not a task?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:12 PM

Answers

• You should be able to toggle the dropdown list from User to Queue when you go through the lookup or simply begin typing the name of the queue in the Owner field and tab out.   CRM should load the queue.  This assumes you have Append and Append to rights on the Queue.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, January 15, 2010 5:22 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:26 PM
  • I think it is working as designed.  You need to commit the record to the database before assigning to the queue.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:19 PM

All replies

• You should be able to toggle the dropdown list from User to Queue when you go through the lookup or simply begin typing the name of the queue in the Owner field and tab out.   CRM should load the queue.  This assumes you have Append and Append to rights on the Queue.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:26 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Ok, I think I see the problem now. 

If the task is already created, you can change it to a queue or user.

If you are creating the task for the first time, it only lets you pick a user and not a queue or user?

Weird, is this a bug? Or is it intended functionality?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:20 PM
  • I think it is working as designed.  You need to commit the record to the database before assigning to the queue.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:19 PM