Shares messed up after moving folder between disks RRS feed

• Question

• I installed a second drive into my WHS2011 box last week and started moving shared folders between them.

Two went over OK, but the third seemed to take forever.  I left it for a long time, but it stayed on the part where it analyses the size to transfer.

I cancelled it, and now my dashboard has "Cancelling the folder move" next to the one that didn't work.  It's been like that for a day now.

The folders are still available via browsing the network, but not via the web interface (I get either an error message or no shares on the web).

I If I try to get the folder properties for any of my shares, on the "Sharing" tab, I get "Cannot receive user access level permissions for this folder", together with error 8004008A and a link back to the generic support pages.

Unfortunately, I can not perform any share tasks.  If I try to add a new share, it hangs indefnitely on a "please wait" page.  Same with moving a different share. On the share that is cancelling I can only view the properties.

I've tried renaming the folder of the share that's cancelling, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any idea on how I can flush this out of my system?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:27 PM