Call Child Dialog using hyperlink from text and Response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Is it possible to call a child dialog using a 'prompt and respose link'. I have screen that has a prompt and response and would like it call a child dialog if the user clicks on it.

Kind Regards,

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The "Prompt and response link" means that you have a JavaScript that opens the prompt and response window? If so, you could use the code below to open a dialog:

window.open("/" + Xrm.Page.context.getOrgUniqueName() + "/cs/dialog/rundialog.aspx?DialogId=%7b9D975EF8-74E0-4EE3-9D50-78FE7BAABF74%7d&EntityName=appointment&ObjectId=" + Xrm.Page.data.entity.getId());

Instead of the id use your dialog id and instead of the entity name use the name of the entity you want to run dialog on.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:27 PM
  • It is possible to open a dialog using the hyperlink in Prompt / Tip text by some hardcoding (dialogid !?) but you won;t get the dialog box (guess it will be a new page..)

That said, Please understand that the purpose of a hyperlink in the prompt/tip text is only to support the users through the dialog process and not a means to call other CRM Objects. It would be better to add a new step to link a child dialog. You might have to review the process design.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The "Prompt and response link" means that you have a JavaScript that opens the prompt and response window? If so, you could use the code below to open a dialog:

window.open("/" + Xrm.Page.context.getOrgUniqueName() + "/cs/dialog/rundialog.aspx?DialogId=%7b9D975EF8-74E0-4EE3-9D50-78FE7BAABF74%7d&EntityName=appointment&ObjectId=" + Xrm.Page.data.entity.getId());

Instead of the id use your dialog id and instead of the entity name use the name of the entity you want to run dialog on.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:27 PM
  • It is possible to open a dialog using the hyperlink in Prompt / Tip text by some hardcoding (dialogid !?) but you won;t get the dialog box (guess it will be a new page..)

That said, Please understand that the purpose of a hyperlink in the prompt/tip text is only to support the users through the dialog process and not a means to call other CRM Objects. It would be better to add a new step to link a child dialog. You might have to review the process design.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Thank you for you help both

Every day i learn something new.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Thank you for your response both, basically my page will have links that will call a subset of links to merge templates. On the example shown there might be five links on that page.

For Example [Test Document Activity] to call Child Dialog  page with link to merge [Test Document Activity 1], [Test Document Activity 2], etc

Every day i learn something new.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:13 PM