Being logged out automatically RRS feed

• Question

• I can connect to the WHS remotely without to many issues.  The problem is for some reason I am being logged out and then the server shuts down.  I looked to see what the power management settings are and everything is set to 'Never' turn off.  Is this a bug? 
    Jeff
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:24 AM

All replies

• Logged out yet again during a large folder copy. The server shut itself off the same as before. Does anyone know how to stop this? I have re-installed this OS 4 times in the past 3 days. Is this OS supposed this insanely difficult to operate and maintain?
    Jeff
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Rebooted again after the server shut itself down and now I have the 'BOOTMGR is missing' error.
    Jeff
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:16 PM
  • What version of WHS are you running?  if it's vail beta, then it has expired and will shut down ever hour or 2.. 
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 7:46 PM
  • I am running the beta that was just released.  Is that why its shutting down every 2 hours?
    Jeff
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:20 PM
  • Check the events logs for any refences/errors pointing to the shutdown.
    I thing the system might initiate autoshutdown due to driver or other hardware related problems.

Did you install any additional drivers?
    Especially suspect chipset drivers and the drivers for the NIC.
    (Tip: Disable audio devices or any other hardware that is not supported and not needed for the server to operate, use standard VGA drivers supplied by the installation?)

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 12:32 PM