none
Duplicate MP3 Tracks in J. River Media Center

Question

• I have just installed J.River Media Center on my Windows Home Server and encountered the following problem. The tracks listed in the Media Centre are all duplicated - there are two copies of each track. The source folder for the library is a shared folder on the server and duplication on this folder is switched off. I have installed the Media Centre on a Vista and an XP computer and not experienced this problem.

Everything else works fine - the media centre server streams music to client versions of media cente on vista and xp pcs without any other problems (it just plays every track twice!).

Can anyone suggest a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Ian

Sunday, April 06, 2008 5:12 PM

All replies

• Sorry can't really help with the duplicate track issue yet!, but hope you don't mind me firing a couple of questions at you. i use Jriver media center as well and want to know how you set it up as i want to share my music collection to 5 other pc's in my house including my HTPC which runs Vista Ultimate X64 set to run Vista's Media Center. did you just install media center 12 on the WHS and then install another copy of Media center 12 on your other pc's?

thanks for any info and sorry for slightly hijacking your thread

Keith

Sunday, April 06, 2008 5:32 PM
  • Ian,

You would probably be better asking in the J River MC forum; however, when this was a problem in an earlier build, the following was one way round it:

Here is how you can remove the duplicates if the filenames are really identical:

Create a new smartlist that shows the files that have duplicate filenames:

Create another smartlist that removes all duplicates from the first smartlist:

Select all files in the latter smartlist and press Delete. Select "Remove from Media Library" in the confirmation dialog box.

HTH,

Colin

Sunday, April 06, 2008 5:52 PM
  • Keith,

You'll need to install Media Centre on all client PCs as well as the one that you want to act as a server. On the server PC, select  'Services and Plug-ins' from the list on the left and select 'start server'. (In the options menu I left port selection on auto, but you can select one manually if you like).

On the client PCs select 'Search for Library Servers' from the library menu (File > Library).

Now everytime you start media centre on a client PC it looks for a server, instead of looking for a library folder.

Job done!.

HTH,

Ian

Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Thanks Colin, I posted in both places!

Ian

Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Clone Removal is the best solution in this case. It will help you to search for and delete duplicate images, photo and mp3 files. The file names can also be different. It is free utility.

http://www.moleskinsoft.com
    Monday, February 14, 2011 7:47 PM