Network location not accessible - "\\ DESKTOP is not accessible" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Hey,

I can't figure it out and have already chatted with the technical support, we also did not find out together.

the problem:

I have created a home network, my laptop (and PC) connected to it.

now I can open from my laptop on the files (and the extra folder that I have freely given on my laptop to share), but on my laptop I can not open anything. under "thusigroep \ Thijs-" there are the shared standard folders that I have selected (photos, documents etc.) and the folders that I share extra, but if I want to be in a folder I get the message (in a pop-up):

------------------------------------------"Open a folder"---- -------------------------------------------

"* location * is not accessible. You may not have the correct permissions

for this network resource. contact the administrator of the server if you
    want to know if you have access rights.

Logon error: the user did not receive the requested permission
    login type on this computer

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------

I have given rights in the settings of sharing everyone in the network reading and editing.

i have tried with right mouse click on the folder that I want to share, and then share with "Thijs van Uijtert".

Advanced sharing also did not change anything.

I can't fgigure it out :(

Thijs

PS.

I translated it from Dutch as i posted it in the dutch microsoft supports too.

this probably is in the wrong category, so any moderator's? plz relocate me to where i'm supposed to post this -.-' (as i had nbo clue where i sohuld have)

• Moved by Stanly Fan Thursday, December 7, 2017 5:36 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 4:30 PM

All replies

• This is certainly the wrong forum for your question, it's all about client application development using Windows Forms controls and features. Maybe, you should try the Windows 10 Networking forum (if you don't use Windows 10, on Technet there exist different Networking forums for each windows OS).

wizend

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:11 PM