Manually track my mutual funds RRS feed

• Question

• How can I manually track my mutual <g class="gr_ gr_16 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="16" id="16">funds.</g>

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:31 PM

All replies

• You could install Microsoft Money. It lets you enter data manually, and look at its Portfolio view to see how it is going.

If you are already using Microsoft Money, what version are you using? Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney will tell you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:49 PM
  • I am using Microsoft Money Plus free 2018 download. I can import all the banks and mutual funds without problems except for Fidelity Mutual Funds they don't feature a download. Which I am trying to manually post without good results. I'm not sure how to do this. I post every 3 months the current price of the stock. Apparently, this is the wrong way to do it. The Account Value balance at the bottom right doesn't jive with the Total after that beginning post – the second line. I tried everything [all most] I could find, like Update Prices Manually, etc. Thank you, Russ.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:16 PM
  • I am using Microsoft Money Plus free 2018 download. I can import all the banks and mutual funds without problems except for Fidelity Mutual Funds they don't feature a download. Which I am trying to manually post without good results. I'm not sure how to do this. I post every 3 months the current price of the stock. Apparently, this is the wrong way to do it. The Account Value balance at the bottom right doesn't jive with the Total after that beginning post – the second line. I tried everything [all most] I could find, like Update Prices Manually, etc. Thank you, Russ.

Russ, where do you have the funds? If they are in a Fidelity account, I have what I think is good news for you. PocketSense can download your transactions and prices from a Fidelity server. Read up on PocketSense. You will have questions. I know how to do it.

Now if you are entering the data by hand, it still should work. One way this problem could happen is that you made the Fidelity account a "Watch Account. In Money, that is a pretend account that you use to just watch securities without actually buying them. So if that is the case, go to the Account Settings for the account (right click the account in the Account List) and un-tick Watch Account. What you enter will then be included in totals.

Still, you might like PocketSense.

Friday, October 26, 2018 4:58 AM