I have been paid user of win live one care for years. Why.???? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have spent lots of money for the program. Now you will just throw it away? what's up with that? How will I retrieve the back ups in the year 2016 or 2020 on the external hard drives? No fire wall. No back ups? for years I used the windows live one care and recommended to others to use and told them it could be trusted.. why did I trust Microsoft.?????? I do not trust Microsoft any more......... I paid my dues with Microsoft.

8 external hard drives with pictures and Microsoft office letters and spread sheets. If I lose my files I may have to sue. yep sue Microsoft for the trust I put in to the Microsoft corporation.  all the money I've spent on windows live one care down the tubes. yes I am pissed.

• Moved by JimR1Moderator Sunday, April 4, 2010 1:44 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• One Care is a subscription service. For each year you paid for a subscription or renewed a subscription you received a year of service. As technology changes so does the need for certain programs. Vista and Windows 7 automate maintenance, have a good firewall, and include system and data backup. To restore any One Care backups after subscriptions end ypu can use the One Care backup restore tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/e5d686c8-762b-4b22-bc08-bfb93f911e57

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 1:43 PM