WHS 2012 server will not connect to Internet; ethernet connection is tested and good (laptop on same connect does connect, but server will not). RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new Acer RC 111 WHS 2011 home server that I installed a few days ago, but am unable to connect to Internet to update the system nor validate apps. When I connect the ethernet connection to the server, IE fails to connect, but when I connect another laptop to the same connection, the laptop connects with the Internet. This failure on the server leads me to believe the problem is a configurartion problem in WHS 2011. This Acer RC 111 replaced a Acer Easy Serve H340 WHS v1 that did not have problems connecting with the Internet. So the issue must be with WHS 2011; also, the various nodes in my home network see the server. Thus, I don't believe it's a connectivity issue, but a configuration issue. I am using an Apple Time Capsule as my router connected to a Motorola Surfrider cable modem (Comcast cable ISP). The Time Capsule configuration is setup for port forwarding under 80, 443 and 4125, and is assigned a static IP address. Does any one have any advice I can try to resolve this home server Internet connectivity issue? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:47 AM

Answers

• Hi kklouie, does this connection issue only occur in IE? Does it show "connected to the Internet" in Network and Sharing Center? Does it show any alert in Alert Viewer in WHS2011 dashboard?

If this only occurs in IE, please turn off IE ESC in Configure IE ESC in Server Manager and check the result.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:01 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:16 AM