Problem installing OutlookClient RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated my laptop from Vista to Windows 7 64 bit. I installed Office 2007. Then I installed Dynamics CRM for MS Office Outlook and got no problems with installing or in Configuration Wizard. Now when I'm starting Outlook, the Outlook itself opens fine, but the OutlookClient could not start. The CRM icon flashes in system tray but went away imideatly.

In event viewer it says twice:

"The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in could not be initialized correctly..."

and then:

"The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because Microsoft Outlook was started under a profile for which Microsoft CRM was not installed.he Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because Microsoft Outlook was started under a profile for which Microsoft CRM was not installed..." 

CRM Diagnostics says:

"You recently used a different Outlook profile than the one Microsoft Dynamicss CRM add-in has been configured for. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-in will be enabled only for the profile it was configured for."

Any ideas what is wrong and how to get OutlokClient working?

Monday, March 22, 2010 7:10 AM

Answers

• Once you have rollup9 you can use the web client to start the installation process. Open the CRM in IE, check the top right hand corner for the intall link. THis will also ensure that you are installing the latest version of the Outlook client.

xFranco

Monday, March 29, 2010 12:37 PM

All replies

• Do you use laptop client or desktop client of CRM for Outlook
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete LauncherView Layout replicator
    ISV.Config Manager Form Javascript Manager
    Assembly RecoveryAnd others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:51 AM
  • I first try to install the laptop client but when its not started to work I tryed desktop client. But it doesn't work any better. I check Your tools.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:24 AM
  • As the laptop version can be installed only for one profile on the same computer, I'm wondering if there was no remaining configuration that should be removed to enable the client to work...

Diid you uninstall properly the laptop version? Did you remove the configuration first?

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete LauncherView Layout replicator
    ISV.Config Manager Form Javascript Manager
    Assembly RecoveryAnd others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Hi JokiJani,

The problem is in the registry. Check all the users in the HKEY_USERS if they not have folder MSCRMClient under Software\Microsoft.

For me this was working.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Monday, March 22, 2010 10:07 AM
  • What is the properly way to uninstall laptop version? I used Uninstall from control panel/programs and features but didn't do anything else. What do You mean "remove configuration"? Should I remove configuration somehow? How to do that?   
    Monday, March 22, 2010 11:03 AM
  • I'm sitll stuck with this. OutlookClient dont work. I have unistalled and reinstalled everything but with no luck. I check the register but for me it seems to be ok. I installed also RU9 but the problem and the symptons remains. Any Ideas? 
    Monday, March 29, 2010 9:30 AM
  • Once you have rollup9 you can use the web client to start the installation process. Open the CRM in IE, check the top right hand corner for the intall link. THis will also ensure that you are installing the latest version of the Outlook client.

xFranco

Monday, March 29, 2010 12:37 PM
  • I'dont have that link in my CRM in IE? Is that because we still have UR8 in our server?
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:40 AM