Zentity.Installer.Server failed to start PublishingService RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I try to start the service from command line, trouble again with no error message. May be my fault was somewhere in the beginning or (As Instuction claims Copy the Installer file “Zentity.Installer.Server.msi” to the webserver and run it as administrator.  I simply run the below command from command prompt siexec /i Zentity.Installer.Server.msi /leavx log.txt)?

Despite my doing from  Administrator Account, I see in log file words about additional privilegs:  

MSI (s) (48:FC) [12:18:29:123]: Executing op: ServiceControl(,Name=PublishingService,Action=1,Wait=1,)
    Error 1920. Service 'Zentity Publishing Service' (PublishingService) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
    MSI (s) (48:FC) [12:20:17:845]: Product: Zentity 2.1 -- Error 1920. Service 'Zentity Publishing Service' (PublishingService) failed to start.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.     Could you help me?

ag
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

the command line

msiexec /i Zentity.Installer.Server.msi /leavx log.txt is used to install the server component of the Zentity installer.

Once the installation is done you may need to log out and log in. This will run the Zentity services before you install the client components.

You can also start the services by right click the service and start.

If you have changed you password after the installation of Zentity you need to provide your new credentials to the services. you can change the credentials by right clicking on the service and choosing log-on tab.

To start the service from cmd prompt start the cmd prompt as Admin. Type the command: net start serviceName.

Please let me know if this helps you.

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, January 9, 2012 10:46 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for answer.

I can't  install Zentity Server, unfortunately. During the installation, Installer  throws an error saying it failed to start PublishingService and and then it rollsback.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ag
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:04 AM
  • Hi, Have you installed and then uninstalled Zentity before? If yes please check the "residuals" -- services, IIS folders, program files folder etc and delete it. log off and then login again. Also, please check the on the following points. 1) Your login has admin reights or not. 2) There are two folders that need to be created in the C drive during installation. Please create these folders before the start of the installation. 3) The OS should be Win 7 Enterprise/ultimate edition or Windows 2008 server edition. Please check on the pre requisite for the Zentity in the installation guide. 4) Run the Zentity server msi as an administrator. Please let me know if this helps. -Regards
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Are you able to install the Zentity Server? Please let us know. I could not repro the issue at my end.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:38 PM
  • If you want to change the thickness of the edge dynamically you can do so in 2 ways, depending upon the scenario. The first method is to move the edge thickness in the config file and get it from the config file wherever necessary. The other way of doing this, fully in code, is to remove the const keyword.
    • Edited by fgj ytjtyjy Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

i need further trying.

Resolution is almost here yet.

Thanks for ideas.

ag
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:22 PM