none
Advising third party on Dynamics CRM 2016 endpoints to use for pushing Leads to CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I am sorry if this is in wrong place, but I could not find a forum for this.

I am working with a third party who has no Microsoft Dynamics CRM web service experience, and I want to advise them on the correct endpoints and references to use to push Leads to our on-premise Dynamics CRM 2016 org which is configured ADFS/IFD.  Essentially, they are a third party who would be directing leads from their web sites.

In my experience with solution providers in the Dynamics CRM space (ClickDimensions and PowerObjects), and they just needed to know the application url along with a service user (which we configure in our AD and add to CRM with appropriate roles for access) and their service I/O is able to connect to our system to create data entries.

I sent them some information on the Instance Web API and Organization Service, but they are asking questions that do not seem to apply (such as having to register an app in Azure and providing a client id).

Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:25 PM