Beware Can't reactivate 120 day WHS Trial ( No Key Support) RRS feed

• General discussion

• What ever you do don't do a reinstall of WHS 120 day Trial ( Same Machine)as you get only 1 chance to activate the given key. I was 15 days into my trial when I did a server reinstall not a new install. The reinstall wiped out my original activation record now it says I have 5 Days to activate or poof. Some how it lost track of how long my system has been installed. Feb 17 -Mar 2. Been on the phone 4 times and all over the bloody map and have been told they don't support the trial version. Just get the runaround. SORRY. MS really dosn't want me to buy this system do they. Looking at linux now.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:23 PM

All replies

• CarPntr said:

What ever you do don't do a reinstall of WHS 120 day Trial ( Same Machine)as you get only 1 chance to activate the given key. I was 15 days into my trial when I did a server reinstall not a new install. The reinstall wiped out my original activation record now it says I have 5 Days to activate or poof. Some how it lost track of how long my system has been installed. Feb 17 -Mar 2. Been on the phone 4 times and all over the bloody map and have been told they don't support the trial version. Just get the runaround. SORRY. MS really dosn't want me to buy this system do they. Looking at linux now.

Hi,

You can register on Connect here and generate additional keys. There is a limit but you are not locked out.

Thank you.
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Thank you Lara

Signed up and got a new key and all is well.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 3:07 AM