none
Pid check please RRS feed

• Question

• My purchase from ebay might go wrong ..... is my pid number a msdn number, the user had very good feedback and has been on ebay since 2007 i beleve, so i seen no danger purchasing from this user....

Product ID: 00426-068-2334844-86713

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• "Niceguy1001" wrote in message news:aabf5f3a-91c8-4e0f-bfc7-d80c6c3e746c...

My purchase from ebay might go wrong ..... is my pid number a msdn number, the user had very good feedback and has been on ebay since 2007 i beleve, so i seen no danger purchasing from this user....

Product ID: 00426-068-2334844-86713

More than 50% of software sold on eBay is counterfeit!  - yours is one of them.

You need to claim an immediate refund from the vendor - do NOT accept the offer of a new key.(all they are trying to do is to get past the 45-day claims window. or avoid you sending the evidence of their crimes to the authorities)

Please read the following stickies.... .......

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285

and

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/06698c46-8668-4ccd-a544-a88969265a6b

The pirates have got VERY good at this over the past few years, as the price of equipment for manufacturing the packages drops, and as factories open in less well-policed countries.

see also this post....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/46a58748-5a64-41ff-b7f4-f6d3b47beca9

Also - have a look at this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqNNiOM0cs

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, April 29, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Ya i thought i did all the right things was not cheap either, and the user had high feedback rating. I did report item and him as well so hopefully i will get my money back....also have purchased software before on ebay with no issues but i guess these guys getting away with it all to easy....their ratings are high and this fella has been on there since 2007 so not sure whats up with that...

ty for the info

Also hard to tell with actually seeing the product, but lesson learned here...
    • Edited by Niceguy1001 Friday, April 29, 2011 8:28 AM needed to add
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:27 AM
  • "Niceguy1001" wrote in message news:561c23b9-af24-440d-a8b5-1cc0d1d4c0cf...

Ya i thought i did all the right things was not cheap either, and the user had high feedback rating. I did report item and him as well so hopefully i will get my money back....also have purchased software before on ebay with no issues but i guess these guys getting away with it all to easy....their ratings are high and this fella has been on there since 2007 so not sure whats up with that...

ty for the info

Also hard to tell with actually seeing the product, but lesson learned here...

A lot of operators work in a ring - they sell each other non-existent (often household) items over a period to generate feedback reports to make their sales look genuine, then start selling software rather than household items, and the rip-off begins.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:38 AM
  • They have good feedback because of the long delay before discovery.  Buyers are encouraged to give feedback upon receipt of the item.  The item looks good and so feedback is made.  On the other hand there is no facility for editing feedback so positive feedback remains while the eventual complaints go through resolution.  Early on the crooks satisfy the complaints with refunds so eBay has no provable grounds to disturb the feedback rating.  Eventually of course the house of cards falls and the seller is suspended, but usually the seller has vanished by then.  The short answer is don't buy licensed software like Windows, Office, Creative Studio, etc. on eBay and other such websites.  Just don't.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Friday, April 29, 2011 11:56 AM
    Answerer
  • Ya i waited to install it and make sure the key was real and it worked so i left feedback, however i am able to do a followup feedback and left it as well showing his product sold to me was counterfeit, the only bad thing is, it only shows it as good feedback not a negative even though its negative followup........but then again maybe people will read and see it...ebay has me going to him for refund so i did try and have to wait 7 days now....

After i made this purchase i notice the next day there was a flood of these on there for sale in Ontario, on buy it now for cheap and people were scooping those up them poor guys.....

Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:28 AM
  • I got suckered by a crook in Milton Ontario.  Chinese name.  I got my money back through eBay Resolution.  I learned my lesson.  No more licensed software at a discount or from anywhere except the manufacturer or Amazon Corp.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:33 AM
    Answerer
  • I send this guy a messege like ebay said and he refunded the money immediatly so i'm good to go now....i really wanted the 32/64 bit retail but cant afford the store prices i did save some on there but guess i gotta go with the 32bit for compatibility cant reuse a oem either which kinda sucks too.

wonder what would happen if the gov't took msn over for the O.S. could be ugly maybe all tax haha

Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:26 AM
  • You get both the 32bit and 64bit dvds with any retail copy, both upgrade and full licenses. 

All of the single dvd copies are OEM and those are not for end users.  The OEM System Builder license forbids personal use of the software and only grants the right to install on a computer for sale to a customer.  It also requires use of the OEM Preinstallation Kit when installing an OEM copy of Windows.  Any other use would be out of compliance with licensing.  A retail copy, upgrade or full license, is correct for you.

Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:56 AM
    Answerer
  • anyhow thanks all for help you all take care thanks for prompt answers ...
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 2:04 AM
  • You're welcome.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 2:12 AM
    Answerer