Cannot stream music from website after folder is moved to different drive RRS feed

• Question

• I moved my shared folders to a different drive.  Something is funny with the libraries now.  I open windows media player on the server, I can see my music under libraries.  But if I click on the server library, it doesn't show up.  Also on the remote website, I can see the files in the folders, but I cannot stream.  The library isn't there.  Anyone?
    D.W.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers

• This doesn't really make any sense, but to fix the problem, I had to go into the home group options in the dashboard, and enable sharing with the home group.  I have no idea what home group sharing has to do with remote web streaming, but it fixed the problem. 
    D.W.
    • Marked as answer by dlwilliams12 Friday, February 25, 2011 5:07 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 1:54 PM

All replies

• In windows media player try going to Organize -> Manage  Libraries -> Music  and see if the current library is pointing to the correct location.  If it is not, then remove the incorrect location and add the correct location back.

Chris
    Friday, February 25, 2011 4:30 AM
  • I've noticed problems with the library refreshing after moving/deleting media. I've had to stop streaming, delete the library databases and restart streaming to resolve it.

Rob

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:32 AM
  • This doesn't really make any sense, but to fix the problem, I had to go into the home group options in the dashboard, and enable sharing with the home group.  I have no idea what home group sharing has to do with remote web streaming, but it fixed the problem. 
    D.W.
    • Marked as answer by dlwilliams12 Friday, February 25, 2011 5:07 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 1:54 PM