Help Support Phone Number RRS feed

• Question

•  

One of the reasons that I bought OneCare was that it said on the package "Free unlimited phone, e-mail and chat support included".  I have looked EVERYWHERE on all package contents and all over the website and can't find a phone number anywhere.  Was this a false claim?  Does anyone have the phone number?  I have spent hours trying to find this information.
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Paid subscribers have access to all of those support options once their subscription is validated. Trial users can only use email support.

You can learn more about how to reach support (and why I hate the flow to validate your subscription) here:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 5:34 PM
  • My subscription WAS valid!!!!!  I have been trying to renew, have clicked on the renew link which takes me to the billing accounbt page but there is no further information on what to do next!!!!!!  I have tried to change my username (which uses my email address) but get nowhere with that!!!!  I need to talk to someone!!!!!!  I think I'll get Norton.

Friday, February 8, 2008 1:13 PM
  •  sweetsweed wrote:
    My subscription WAS valid!!!!!  I have been trying to renew, have clicked on the renew link which takes me to the billing accounbt page but there is no further information on what to do next!!!!!!  I have tried to change my username (which uses my email address) but get nowhere with that!!!!  I need to talk to someone!!!!!!  I think I'll get Norton.

I didn't say your subscription was not valid. The problem is that the path for obtaining support has to check your subscription status with OneCare installed and it can't always do this, which is why you are directed to use the "Trial user" path and use email. Since you are a subscriber, explain your problem in the form and explain that you are a subscriber - provide your Subscription ID and request the phone number for support or a call back.

-steve

Friday, February 8, 2008 8:01 PM