none
Is it possible to use HPC Web Service REST API Single Sign On? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to configure Single Sign On while using HPC Web Service API? I have an HPC 2012 R2 Update 3 cluster running in Windows Server 2012 R2 with HPC Web Components installed and configured to use REST interface with basic authentication.

I'm using a client application developed in Python to interact with the cluster and I need to deploy it to many users in our domain with specific resource pools and job template permissions and I can't figure out how they can login automatically using single sign on when they use create job and submit requests. I've been able to make the request specifying generic credentials in the code and everything works this way, but we can't take the advantage of all the configuration depending the user group who is using it. When using IE to post the URI with the request same thing occurs, it asks for credentials and if I specify the same credentials which the user is logged in it works but I don't want users to re enter their credentials every time the create jobs in the cluster using the Python library. 

I guess with the HPC Web Portal that uses IIS it could be possible but I need SSO with the REST API interface.

I'll be so thankful if some one can give me a hand with this.

Thanks very much for your help!

Friday, November 20, 2015 8:04 AM

All replies

• I think in your client application, you can reuse the session/connection for one user, after user login and get the HTTPSConnection object, you can use the same HTTPSConnection to submit user's continuous requests.

Monday, November 23, 2015 2:20 AM
  • Thanks Yongjun! It's curious.. before trying with python code to reuse the session/connection for one user. I've tried to change basic authentication to NTLM and while using IE and Chrome it doesn't ask for credentials, but if you try with Mozilla which seems to be the default User-agent in Python it asks for them. We are now trying to change User-agent and headers in the requests.get method in Python but as it is HTTPS its not being easy to reproduce. We accept any suggestions to sort this out :) Whenever we found a solution I'll post it here in order to help someone else in our case.

• Edited by gtaconet Monday, November 23, 2015 4:39 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 3:45 PM