Remote Access Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have not had a need for about a month to remotely access my WHS.  During this time, I did upgrade from Vista to 7.

Today when I tried to log in thru the access home page, I got this error message:

"To protect the security of your home network, you cannot log on remotely by using the Administrator user account. To administer your home network remotely, log on with your own user account. Then click the Console button on the Computers tab to connect to the Windows Home Server Console."

This is the account I have always used, and the same name and password.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers

• The user that you are attempting to log in to the Remote Access web site with has been added to the local Administrators group on your server, or to the Remote Desktop users group. Users in the Administrators group are prohibited from logging in to the server using the Remote Access web site as a security precaution.

As for how this might have happened, you (or someone else with the password for the console) did it by logging in to the server desktop and adding the user by hand.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:25 PM

All replies

• The user that you are attempting to log in to the Remote Access web site with has been added to the local Administrators group on your server, or to the Remote Desktop users group. Users in the Administrators group are prohibited from logging in to the server using the Remote Access web site as a security precaution.

As for how this might have happened, you (or someone else with the password for the console) did it by logging in to the server desktop and adding the user by hand.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:25 PM
  • Thank you!  This did the trick when I changed it from being an Admin account.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:02 PM