previewing files - especially html RRS feed

• Question

• I was frustrated to learn that I couldn't simply view html files I have saved in my Mesh folders.

I just got a Zune HD last month, and tried using m.mesh.com a few days ago. What I most wanted access to was several folders of saved web pages I've acquired over the years. But when I try to look at them, the only options are a Download button and a Delete button. Well, downloading to the Zune does not seem to work - I haven't had one complete yet - the loading bar seems to stall around 90-95%. Can't there be a simple Preview option, at least for internet-friendly file types (html, jpg, gif, png, mht), at least on the mobile web site?

Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:02 PM

Answers

• Yes, that's a limitation of the current environment. I don't know that we'll see this changed, though. I just read a rant today that the beta of Wave 4 which combines Live Mesh and Live Sync, using a part of Skydrive for the cloud storage piece, does not allow any preview of files on a PC. That functionality is available in Skydrive today for the PC, but appears to have been disabled in Wave4 specific to the Sync folders - not the rest of Skydrive.

As for the Zune HD, I don't think that you can download files to it as it isn't designed for that - however, that's a discussion for the Zune forums.

The lack of viewer functionality in m.mesh.com and the cloud storage for Live Sync Wave 4 beta on SkyDrive is something you should request by submitting feedback at http://feedback.live.com for Live Sync.

-steve 

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, June 25, 2010 1:30 PM