User accounts on many computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do I configure WHS to backup user account (every thing under C:\Documents and Settings) and then share this to other compter so that each user account will only have one profile in my home network?

I have currently 3 clinets but only one (just now) connected to the WHS.

Friday, May 11, 2007 2:37 PM

Answers

• To be honest I'm not sure! Thinking about it a non-administrator user might have problems syncing other users folders. Best I can suggest is try it, please let us know how it goes!

Gordon

( could you do me a favour and mark my original answer as 'helpful' )

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:03 PM

All replies

• In  a word, Synctoy. I'm syncing my favourites to a folder on WHS, from different machines, so when I add a favourite on one machine it appears on the others., No reason why this shouldn't work for the folders you want to sync.

Findout more at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/synctoy.mspx

Gordon

Friday, May 11, 2007 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Gordon,

This was the tool I needed!

Do you know if it is safe to syncronize the full "Docummnets and settings" folder?

PS. its functionality should be included in WHS to enable you to manage your user accounts better.

Sunday, May 13, 2007 11:34 AM
  • To be honest I'm not sure! Thinking about it a non-administrator user might have problems syncing other users folders. Best I can suggest is try it, please let us know how it goes!

Gordon

( could you do me a favour and mark my original answer as 'helpful' )

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:03 PM