none
Forum Bug: I am not receiving Email Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• I am not receiving email notifications when someone adds a response to my threads.  The checkbox saying that I want these notifications or alerts, whatever you call them, is checked.

I observed this same problem early in the year (2010) when I first tried to use these forums.  If I am doing something wrong, then please let me know how to correct this, so I start getting alerts.

I have registered for alerts and provided an email address, per the instructions available in these forums.

Charles S. Cotton
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, October 25, 2010 7:08 PM (From:MSDN Site Feedback)
    Monday, October 25, 2010 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Brent,

When I went into the forums settings page to do a screen capture, I noticed the following message:

"You cannot receive email alerts until you verify the confirmation email recently sent to 'genoafarm@att.net'. (Resend) (Cancel) "
    I found the confirmation email in question and performed the confirmation.  Now I expect I'll start receiving the alerts.  I do confirmation emails regularly.  For some reason this one did not catch my attention.
    Thank you for your help and sorry for the bother.

Charles S. Cotton
    • Marked as answer by charles_cotton Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM

All replies

• Can you include a screen capture of your forums settings page? And can you include a link to a thread you have subscribed to? Also, can you verify your junk email filter is not flagging these and deleting them? thanks
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, October 25, 2010 11:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

When I went into the forums settings page to do a screen capture, I noticed the following message:

"You cannot receive email alerts until you verify the confirmation email recently sent to 'genoafarm@att.net'. (Resend) (Cancel) "
    I found the confirmation email in question and performed the confirmation.  Now I expect I'll start receiving the alerts.  I do confirmation emails regularly.  For some reason this one did not catch my attention.
    Thank you for your help and sorry for the bother.

Charles S. Cotton
    • Marked as answer by charles_cotton Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:34 AM