Renewal billing address not in USA RRS feed

• Question

• I want to renew the product, but my Credit Card Billing Address is in VENEZUELA and the form field at the renewal process does not provide an option in order to enter a different country than the US.
    How can renew this subscription?

Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• I suspect that you originally activated your subscription with a retail key while physically located in a country where OneCare is sold and available.

OneCare is not currently available for sale in Venezuela:

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

You are being presented with a form for a US address because your language setting in Internet Explorer is set to US English, I believe. If OneCare were available in Venezuela, you would need to set the IE language to [es-VE] in order to be presented with a form for that country.

So, I believe that your only option would be to obtain another retail copy of OneCare and use the key from that retail copy to renew your subscription.

Go to http://billing.microsoft.com and sign in with your subscription LiveID. (Open OneCare and click help/about to view the subscription LiveID)

Select the OneCare subscription and click on the renew link.

Choose the option to renew with a prepaid PIN or token which is the retail product key.

Enter the 25 character key and proceed.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

-steve

Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:54 PM