My apologies Rick - this would be easier if we could keep in communication in one thread RRS feed

• Question

•  DCpunk,

Contact Microsoft Customer Support at (1) (866) 530-6599. FOR THE WGA Kit. We cannot provide any further support.

Rick, MS

I called them.  They said they can't help me until I can complete the validation process.  I can't complete the validation process because I have an invalid license.  In spite of this, I tried all of the fixes in the knowledge base article that I linked earlier - none of which allowed me to complete validation.

If the answer is "WGA kits don't really exist - we just like to frustrate the heck out of your for having the audacity to own a copy of Windows that was sold to you as valid but isn't really.  What you really need to do is just go to the store and buy a copy of Windows.", then fine.  Just say so.  If, however, If this is not true, please just give me a link to the "buy" page so I can buy it instead of sending me to an endless validation loop.
    • Edited by DCpunk Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:06 PM

Answers

• DCpunk,

If you need assistance:

Please visit the following link and submit a FREE support request for the Windows Update problem you are experiencing. See below:

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527

At this we cannot continue customer support. Please submit the free service request where they will open a case and contact you. Please keep in mind you be asked the same subset of questions we have asked you during this process.

If for some reason Microsoft will not assist you due to your Operating System being a Blocked Volume License Key, we suggest purchasing another Operating System at a local retailer.

Another reminder, Microsoft is not responsible for supporting Blocked Volume License copies of Windows XP.

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum.

• Marked as answer by RickImAPC Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:25 PM