Windows Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed trial version of Windows Live OneCare and it is going to be expired after 30 days. I know microsoft is going to launch MSE in october. How can I continue Windows Live OneCare subscription till october?
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:50 PM

Answers

• I don't think you can keep One Care in trial mode until then. If your intent is to install MSE as soon as it becomes available I suggest installing one of the free antimalware products such as AVG or Avira until then.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:23 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can keep One Care in trial mode until then. If your intent is to install MSE as soon as it becomes available I suggest installing one of the free antimalware products such as AVG or Avira until then.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:23 PM
  • Actually, you can do one of two other things.
    Purchase a subscription to OneCare - seek a retail copy that may be on clearance at this point, for example.
    Uninstall OneCare at the end of the 30 day trial and then reinstall it for an additional 15 days of protection in trial mode.

I believe that Jim's answer is the best at this point, however.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Thanks to all for your reply.
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 12:36 AM