changing the name of the .speax file RRS feed

• Question

• If I change hte name of my .speax file, and try and bring up the debugger, it says it can't find the .speax file. So somewhere there is a setting which tells the debugger(?) what .speax file to use to start the app. What do I need to set so the newly named .speax file is found?

Note this is in the development environment. I presume when deploying the app, you just use the OCS Administrator console and point to the newly named .speax.

Thank you.

Friday, June 29, 2007 3:41 PM

Answers

• I believe there is a reference to the .speax file in your .csproj file that is not updated when you change the name of the source file. I would recommend opening your project file in notepad or text editor of choice and making sure there aren't any lingering references to the old file name.

A more brute force approach would be to search for all occurances of the old file name in your entire solution and to update those. However, I think you should be safe if you update the references in your project file and outbound.aspx (the latter of course only if you're working on an outbound app).

Friday, June 29, 2007 4:51 PM

All replies

• I believe there is a reference to the .speax file in your .csproj file that is not updated when you change the name of the source file. I would recommend opening your project file in notepad or text editor of choice and making sure there aren't any lingering references to the old file name.

A more brute force approach would be to search for all occurances of the old file name in your entire solution and to update those. However, I think you should be safe if you update the references in your project file and outbound.aspx (the latter of course only if you're working on an outbound app).

Friday, June 29, 2007 4:51 PM
  • Hey Shane, You  were absolutely right. It was in the project file and it works now.

Before I sent out my question I did do a global search through the solution files for "speax" and it didn't find them in anything except the outbound.aspx file. I used the Edit->Find in Files feature. I guess that doesn't search through .csproj files?

Thanks for the help Shane.

Mike

Friday, June 29, 2007 5:13 PM