Audit Plug-in is not working for custom Activity entitiy -MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have registred the steps for create-POST message and image-POST for Audit plug-in, but it is not working for custom activity entity.. for all other entities it's working fine.. Is there any issue...?

Any help greately appriciated...

Regards, 

Srikanth Reddy

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have never tried this but since you are working with MS CRM 2011 why you are not using OOB auditing feature ? 

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Thanks for your response Vikram, due to some custom functionality Implmentation we are using CRM 4.0 Audit plug-in in MS CRM 2011..I am not getting what could be the problem.. Is the entity names should be like "account" and "accountaudit"/ "new_test" and new_testaudit?

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:37 AM
  • account is system entity and new_test, new_testaudit seems custom entities but not sure about accountaudit.

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:44 AM
  • I am asking is there any constraints on the names of the entities while we create the aduit like new_entity and new_entityaudit...

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Can you provide more details on what you've done, and in what way it is not working ?

• Is the plugin fired for the custom activtiy entity, or not. If it is fired, do you get any error messages
    • If this is OnPremise, can you enable tracing, and is there anything relevant in the trace log ?
    • Have you registered the step against the specific entity, or against all entities ?

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:14 AM