Possible help RRS feed

• Question

• I have had the same problem with Microsoft money. I made the registry changes suggested to no avail. I have now solved my problem . The problem occurs when you select a new payee that is not on your payee list. To get round this enter the amount using an existing payee ,save and then edit it , putting in the new payee title. You only have to do this once as the new payee will be accepted in future. I'm no pc expert but hope this helps
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:02 AM

All replies

• If you are using US Money Plus Deluxe Sunset on Windows 10, you can avoid the need for this workaround by replacing your mnyob99.dll file with a 'patched version.  See the first "sticky" thread in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need more help with doing that.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:52 PM
  • Having upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 the same symptoms occurred. I also followed the same procedure regarding registry changes to no avail. In reviewing the chat comments I came to the conclusion that the problem was insurmountable on my 64 bit laptop. Although your solution may prove cumbersome over time, is your machine 32 or 64 bit? 
    Friday, October 30, 2015 7:23 PM
  • The problem is not insurmountable.  Many people are running Money successfully on Windows 10 and do not have to resort to workarounds.  And a registry change is not required.

As I stated in my previous post, after installing Money on a Windows 10 system you need to replace the mnyob99.dll file with a patched version.  This is described in:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/important-patch-for-money-plus-maybe-20062007-mnyob99dll?forum=money

Post back if you need more help with doing that.

Bill Becker

Friday, October 30, 2015 7:33 PM