Screen Resolution & Color Quality changed How do I fix this? RRS feed

• Question

• Screen resolution is 640-480 pixels & Color quality is 4 bit and I cant fix it.  I've tried to change
    the resolution to 800-600pixels but it wont stay and thats the only other option Im givin.
    As for the Color quality it doesnt have another option at all just 4 bits. What do I do to fix
    this thing its hard to look at cause its acting as if the High Contrast is on but its not. These
    gray colors and multiple font sizes, change at will, anywhere on the page. Sometimes theres
    nothing that you can see on the page but some parts of a web page are hidden from view???
    Please Help
    Thank

Now the options for the resolution & color just appeared but when I try to change it it
    stays on the screen until I hit apply then changes back to 640-480 again????
    • Moved by Jim Zhou - MSFT Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:53 AM Screen resolution related issues (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:03 AM

Answers

• Dear,

This is a WPF “Windows Presentation Foundation” developer’s forum where we discuss issues related to such technologies and overall programming problems and not a hardware problems forum.

Nevertheless, from what you are saying you might have a driver issues, so check if you have a latest drivers for your VGA card or not….

Friday, October 9, 2009 10:23 AM
  • thank you I got it fixed and sorry
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please be more specific.
    because if you are talking about your monitor setting or something, this is not the right place.
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:25 AM
  • yes I am talking about my monitor settings and this is the right place cause the standard fixes dont work
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:32 AM
  • OK Let me start over....

I had to re-install XP, Then I was doing updates and things were fine. Just around the time I downloaded
    sp2 (before or after I loaded it) not sure exactly my color and screen resolution went wild.
    The coloring on my display reminds me of abstract art, and my resolution pixels are riding a
    rollercoaster, every webpage is different and on some pages its just a blank  with hidden icons, text and
    pics.  Its kind of like having the High Contrast on but its not.  I've tried to change the settings but
    there wasnt anything to change them to, only 640-480pixels and 4 bits on color.  A few minutes ago
    the Display settings changed again except this time it gave me new options to change to like 800-600pixels
    ect. Color now has 16 and 24 bits now, but heres the kicker when you hit apply and then yes to verify it changes
    back to the 640- 480p/4bits again. Im frustrated with this thing and cant figure it out can someone help, please.
    Thanks
    Friday, October 9, 2009 10:13 AM
  • Dear,

This is a WPF “Windows Presentation Foundation” developer’s forum where we discuss issues related to such technologies and overall programming problems and not a hardware problems forum.

Nevertheless, from what you are saying you might have a driver issues, so check if you have a latest drivers for your VGA card or not….

Friday, October 9, 2009 10:23 AM
  • Hi Rcollins68,

What Adham El-Wakeel said was right, since this is WPF forum, and your issue is not that much related to WPF, so I am moving it to another appropriate forum, where there are more experts to provide ideas to you.

Thanks.
    Sincerely.
    Jim Zhou -MSFT
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:52 AM
  • thank you I got it fixed and sorry
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:23 AM
  • Hi Rcollins68,

Never mind, welcome to post your issue regarding WPF in this forum afterwards, and we can discuss it together.

Thanks.
    Sincerely.
    Jim Zhou -MSFT
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:19 AM