Cannot uninstall the WHS Toolkit 1.0 from my Windows 7 (64 bit). Event 10005 in the event log RRS feed

• Question

• When I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit I used the some "migrator" type software to migrate programs and data. The system I was upgrading from was Vista 32 bit. One of the programs that was migrated was the Windows Home Server Toolkit 1.0. I just upgraded my HP MSS to Update 3.0 and as a result I have to install all my add-ins again. I downloaded the 64 bit version of the Toolkit and when I started to install it, it found the previous version and asked if I wanted to remove it. Naturally I said yes. However after the uninstall started I get this message;

Windows Home Server Toolkit cannot be installed because tWindows Home Server Connector 1.0 does not support 64 bit Windows systems."

In the Windows Event (Application) log I see an error message about this with an Event ID of 10005. Clicking on the link in the event details box took me to the Microsoft TechNet web site but it couldn't find any information about the error.

Anyone else encountered this situation and if so, were you able to resolve it?

Saturday, April 3, 2010 2:44 PM

Answers

• I figured it out. From a DOC prompt I executed this command; msiexec /x WHSToolkit.msi

WHSToolkit.msi was the 64 bit version. The /x parameter means uninstall. It seems to me like they need to change the Toolkit installer to not check the version of the OS when an uninstall is being done.

• Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, April 3, 2010 10:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by TxDot Saturday, April 3, 2010 11:22 PM
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 10:39 PM