Stopped The Client Computer Backup And Want To Restart (Urgent Please) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Story behind this issue
    I have a problem of client computer crashing during backups. When I contacted Microsoft they said I need to stop all services other than Microsoft. The funny thing is that the RTM version of WHS 2011 was running without any issues, only when I started using the WHS2011 paid version it all started. So stop all services other than microsoft and backup started running fine. Last week I was running uTorrent on my client computer and due to the backup crash my downloads were not getting completed. So I stopped the client computer backup from the server and it said that i will still have my backups for any restore activities.

Now I want to enable the client computer again so that I can restart the backups. And more importantly I removed my snaps folder from my client computer and I want to restore. When I tried to restore the client computer it said that my client computer is not connected. How do I reconnect my client computer to the server?

I can manually access any folder on my server, I can access the dashboard from my client computer, but when I click on backups it shows my client computer as archived backup and do not show it as active. Please help..
    Thanks 
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• Try resetting up backups for the Client and if that doesn't work try removing the Connector software from the affected Client and re-install it. Alternatively if you have another Client computer connected to your Server you can restore your missing folder from a backup to that computer.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, November 4, 2011 8:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by ask_j Friday, November 4, 2011 9:24 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can anyone please help. I am leaving for vacation and need to take all my pictures. I tried searching on google, could not find anything useful. Please help..

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Try resetting up backups for the Client and if that doesn't work try removing the Connector software from the affected Client and re-install it. Alternatively if you have another Client computer connected to your Server you can restore your missing folder from a backup to that computer.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Edited by Phil Harrison Friday, November 4, 2011 8:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by ask_j Friday, November 4, 2011 9:24 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:42 PM
  • I am pleased the answer was in there, but which suggestion worked for you?
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:05 PM
  • Thank you very much. I had to uninstall the connector. I had a fear that if I do that my backup might go away.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:37 PM