What certification and course material needed to take .net application developer certification RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I want to get certification in  .Net  similar to SCJP and if possible only with c# language.  I have searched quite a bit and there is some much information and many of the tests are retired.

    I am not sure what exactly I should take.I am looking for application developer certification for Desktop and web applications.

    Please let me know the details of the exam and the course material I should read.


    Thanks in advance

    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:53 PM


  • Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) certification exams are offered in both VB.NET and C#.  You get to chose which language you want to use in the exam.

    You should look into the following certifications:

    MCPD: Web Developer 4

    MCPD: Windows Developer 4

    This link has a list of all the exams required to obtain these certifications

    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by zoollu Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:05 PM
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies