Two Snapshot questions Please. RRS feed

• Question

• 1. I assume CreateNewTableOrFail does a client truncate before copying data. But I get this error:"Create Schema is not supported in this version.Please make sure client and server have same schema"
    my client  database is  sql express 2005 (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (Intel X86) .
    The client provider  is   SqlExpressClientSyncProvider class which I got from this site. 

2. in the  example 'How to download a snapshot' ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726043.aspx)   - the Client provider lacks a  Inserts Command , so how does it add records to the client ?

Thanks,Peter

Thanks,Peter

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 3:25 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:57 PM

All replies

• On your second question,

I've been testing the snapshot replication without an insert command doesn't work at all...
    So it realy needs one...

And if i'm right the snapshot synchronisation is the exact same thing as download-only direction.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:36 AM
  • For the 1st question, Did you hit this when you run some sample code or when you run your own application?

For the 2nd question, The SQLCEClientProvider internally creates the InsertCommand/UpdateCommand/DeleteCommand and makes it more easier to use.

Thanks, 
    Ann Tang
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:58 PM
  • Yes,  I get the exception because SqlExpressClientSyncProvider CreateSchema() throws it  (See below). Can I use UseExistingTableOrFail, and truncate the client table some other way?

public override void CreateSchema(SyncTable syncTable, SyncSchema syncSchema){

throw new NotSupportedException("Create Schema is not supported in this version."

+ "Please make sure client and server have same schema!");

Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:06 PM