none
Compare two .dacpac files to generate an incremental upgrade Transact-SQL script.

Question

• Hi Team,

Please suggest me is there any way to comapre two .dacpac files and generate  the incremental script using the command prompt.

I have used the below command to generate the incremental  script  using target server name but need a command to compare two .dacpac files.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DAC\bin\sqlpackage.exe /Action:script /SourceFile:\X.dacpac /TargetServerName:  /TargetDatabaseName:   /op: .sql

or else please suggest me is there any way to create the batch file for generating the incremental script and process the deployment changes  using the database name and provide the output in the XML format.

Thanks in Advance 

Thanks

Raju

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack

Thanks for suggestion.yes its related to db project under SQL Server-SSDT .Need to generate the incremental script by comparing the two .DACPAC files .

@Raju,

If so, I suggest you post a new issue to the SSDT forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ssdt , there you would get dedicated support from the SSDT experts.

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:09 AM

All replies