"TV archive does not have permission to access this folder" RRS feed

• Question

• "TV archive does not have permission to access this folder" when checking the status of archiving on my WMC HTPC.

I searched for answers on this topic and all issues seem to point to permissions.  I have checked permissions at both the server share \\server\Recorded TV as well as the Windows 7 HTPC.  This is a system that was working fine until last Saturday. 

WHS Server
    Windows 7 Home Premium on HTPC

WHS has been working fine for several weeks, with three HTPCs attached.  My TV recordings were all being transferred to the server share reliably until this last weekend.  Now I am seeing the error “TV archive does not have permission to access this folder” as a failure result for the archiving of the recordings on my HTPC to the server.  I have restarted the server as well as the PC to no improvement.  I am at a complete loss.  I have full access to the users\public\Recorded TV share on the HTPC as well as full access to the Recorded TV share on the server.  The HTPC is a username of "Media" and that user as well as the guest have full privileges on the WHS share.   

I do not seem to find any concise answer to this problem anywhere.   

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:08 PM

All replies