Dynamics CRM as a simple Lead Tracking Appointment setting solution. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We would like to use Dynamics in our telephone reception areas to capture lead details such as name, address, phone and general request info which more often than not will require the receptionist to schedule a house call for multiple on-road sales people to complete the qualification process. Of course Dynamics can handle this process but it would appear to be quite a intensive process of creating a lead, then a contact, then an opportunity etc. My question is; Is it possible to set up a single form that can capture the customers details, request type, create an appointment and allocate it to an on-road rep? I'm guessing the actual process will always need to be followed but I was hoping that we could simplify the input and automate the completion of the various processes.

Hope that makes sense. I'm a newby so apologies if I've done anything wrong.

Thanks

Friday, April 19, 2013 7:30 AM

Answers

• If you enter the original data as a Lead record, once you've established you will do further bushiness with them you can use the Qualify Lead Button at the top of the Lead form - it can automatically create Account, Contact, and Opportunity records based on the data. As far as assigning to a user, if you can define a logical set of criteria for making the determination of which person it gets assigned to, you can use a workflow to check specific conditions in the data and make the assignment accordingly without user interaction.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, April 19, 2013 11:32 AM