Outlook client not loading RRS feed

• Question

• CRM Toolbar not loading in Outlook, CRM folders only contain deleted items.

Version: MSCRM 4.0 with Rollup 7 installed.

We have removed, rebooted, reinstalled the client. Re-run the configuration wizard, deleted the outlook profile and recreated it, and all we can find is the following error in event viewer:

Event Type:       Warning

Event Source:    MSCRMAddin

Event Category: None

Event ID:           5904

Date:                14/01/2010

Time:                11:38:29

User:                N/A

Computer:         STEVE_TUFFY

Description:

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in was not initialized because Microsoft Outlook was started under a profile for which Microsoft CRM was not installed.  Restart Microsoft Outlook under an appropriate profile, or install Microsoft CRM for the current profile. HR=0x0. Context=CStateEngine. Function=CInitializeState::Initialize. Line=72.

The issue is that there is only one outlook profile in this domain user account.

Any ideas?? Thanks

Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

If it was me, I will do following:

·          backup users emails to .pst file.

·          remove Outlook or better remove whole MS OFFICE

·          reboot machine

·          install MS OFFICE or just Outlook

·          patch it with sp3 and latest patches from MS

·          setup users profile

·          import .pst file

·          install mscrm client.

i beleve that this will do it :-)

• Proposed as answer by iCRM Monday, January 18, 2010 12:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:31 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Working now...
    Uninstalled MS Office 2007 trial,other acer software and Avast free AV. Also disabled Windows Firewall.
     Now all working with firewall back on, and Avast reinstalled.
    Strange, would try disabling windows firewall and Av.

Monday, February 8, 2010 5:40 PM
  • I've read some posts that the manual unistall steps for office 2007 work for office 2010.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928218
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, February 19, 2010 4:55 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:45 PM

All replies

• More info:
    this is the on-premise version.
    The user can access the web client no issues.
    Just tried installing Rollup 8 and no joy either - same error msg in event vwr

and if I run the diagnostic wizard:

Client Configuration
    You recently used a different Outlook profile than the one Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-in has been configured for. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-in will be enabled only for the profile it was configured for.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:27 PM
  • 1. remove all regarding mscrm including regedit folder called MSCRM.
    2. try to create a new windows profile
    3. setup outlook profile on the new windows profile
    4. try to install mscrm client.

worked for me couple of times.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Thanks for the idea H. Smajlovic.

At the moment i'm trying to avoid deleting the user's profile as it is well established and has a lot of data/settings in it. Of course I could backup/restore but I want to be sure that the issue is definitely his profile first.

With this in mind, we've just logged the machine on with another domain user account who has never logged onto this machine before. (All local profiles btw, not roaming) We have configured his exchange account in outlook and then run the config mscrm wizard. Unfortunately, the same symptoms and same event log message as before.

This leads me to think that there is a setting or flag somewhere on this machine that the crm client cannot read or change. It would indicate that it is local machine specific rather than user profile specific.

Any further ideas would be great. thanks
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:30 PM
  • Also, when I reinstalled it earlier, I had ensured that both the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key AND the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key was removed by the uninstaller.

thanks
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:32 PM
  • Are you able to access the CRM menu from the Outlook client?  If so, go to CRM, Options, and on the Synchronization tab select the checkbox to Set this Computer to be the Synchronizing Client.  Select Ok, close and restart Outlook.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:49 PM
  • Hi Donna, thanks for the idea. No luck i'm afraid. The CRM menu doesn't appear where it should, only the folders entry (with delted items) in the navigation pane. But even still, the synchronizing client setting shouldn't be the issue as it should normally still load the toolbar, menu and nav pane items even if the sync client is another pc.

Keep em coming!!!!! We'll get to the bottom of this..........
    Friday, January 15, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

If it was me, I will do following:

·          backup users emails to .pst file.

·          remove Outlook or better remove whole MS OFFICE

·          reboot machine

·          install MS OFFICE or just Outlook

·          patch it with sp3 and latest patches from MS

·          setup users profile

·          import .pst file

·          install mscrm client.

i beleve that this will do it :-)

• Proposed as answer by iCRM Monday, January 18, 2010 12:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:31 PM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 1:40 PM
  • Hello Daniel,

Same problem here, I think it can be related to a side  by side installation of office 2010 beta (shared components& excel 2010) . Did you installed this on the affected pc? Started having this on the event log in the precise day I installed excel 2010 beta.

The test that shows "You recently used a different Outlook profile than the one Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-in has been configured for. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM add-in will be enabled only for the profile it was configured for." is very basic and is just only checking the event log for that a specifica error message, in the last month I think.

Any workaround? Now trying to remove office 2010 beta.

Best regards,

RQ
    Monday, February 1, 2010 4:29 PM
  • It's surely related, removed office 2010 plus beta, now better.... The crm main toolbar/menu is back but there's still a problem connecting the server or setting up the button handlers, they show up but seem "disconnected":

"An error occurred setting up a Microsoft CRM toolbar or button. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80040155. Context=. Function=CUIUtil::EnableCRMToolbar. Line=1374."

Also:

"Initialization of the Microsoft CRM UI failed. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. HR=0x80040155. Context=. Function=CEnableState::Activate. Line=186."

&

"Fault bucket 779458142, type 5

Event Name: CRMmanaged

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 4.0.7333.2138

P2: OUTLOOK

P3: Microsoft.Crm

P4: The column cannot contain null values. [ Column name = EntryId,Table name = RecentEmailsTable ];Hash='-1131782512'

P5:

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: d114d136-0f52-11df-bb18-002318ba6154

Report Status: 0

"

Any ideias?

RQ

Monday, February 1, 2010 5:05 PM
  • I think it's related to installing Project 2010 Beta.  Has anyone come up with a solution?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Hello,

I think its related to office 2010 Beta shared components, in my case I've only installed Excel 2010+suggested shared components.

Tried creating a new user, created a new outlook profile, configured crm urls (without problem), but the (now) visible tollbars are still not responsive, and crm system tray icon reports no connection. I think the error is in the event handler configuration functions. CUIUtil::EnableCRMToolbar?

I'm not considering re-installing/repair office 2007... if anyone wants to try that & post. :)

RQ

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:56 PM
  • Hi

Having exactly the same problem with Office 2010 OneNote Installed. About to try the repair on Office/2007 and will update.

PB
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 4:23 AM
  • Any luck with repairing 2007?  My SSD flaked out so I had to rebuild my whole system.  From a clean system I installed Office 2007 and CRM for Outlook.  Worked fine.  Added Project 2010.  Right back to the same problem we're all discussing.
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 10:16 PM
  • Same problem with a machine I have, I can install rollup's 1-6 fine (I know I don't have to), and rollup 7 looses the toolbar. On this machine there was once an install of Outlook Business contact manager, this has been removed but was in this windows profile. exactly the same error in the diagnostics wizard 'You recently used a different outlook profile...'
    Machine was a new PC from Acer, so only has the out of the box addons installed...
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:49 PM
  • Working now...
    Uninstalled MS Office 2007 trial,other acer software and Avast free AV. Also disabled Windows Firewall.
     Now all working with firewall back on, and Avast reinstalled.
    Strange, would try disabling windows firewall and Av.

Monday, February 8, 2010 5:40 PM
  • My Dad used Avast until the free Microsoft Security Essentials was made available last Fall. Avast was slowing down his and my other brother's computers so drastically that they finally had to move to the free Microsoft product. After testing it at home, I uninstalled the Norton's and McAfee's security solutions I was paying for and installed Microsoft Security Essentials on all of my computers.
    CRM Community Guru and Saxophonist
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:03 PM
  • Me too Jim, just unintalled Norton when it was not able to get rid of a virus on my son's computer.  Installed Microsoft Security Essentials and it took care of the virus.  I now use it on all my computers.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Yup, same here. Have removed Office 2010 then installed 2007. CRM add-in will not load if newer than rollup 7. Is there any way to strip out whatever 2010 left behind?
    Friday, February 19, 2010 10:54 AM
  • I've read some posts that the manual unistall steps for office 2007 work for office 2010.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928218
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, February 19, 2010 4:55 PM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Hi Folks,

what about Office 2003 Standard SP3 with CRM Client 4.0 on Windows XP SP3?
    We got the same error messages when starting Outlook and CRM tries to connect to our server on just 3 Clients. All others work fine.

Login by IE also works fine, so CRM-USER Settings seem to be OK.

I reinstalled one client, put Office 2003 and CRM client on it.
    CRM configuration worked fine, the crm client starts and everything is ok.
    This client had ran just for a few days, the other 2 clients are much older and the users will kill me if I would reinstall them.

any ideas?

thx4hlp
    Oliver

Monday, March 1, 2010 9:40 AM