Issue with OCS 2007 Live Meeting generated emails - no "Entry Code" RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to narrow this down.  Occasionally a user will generate a "Join Live Meeting" email message, either via the Outlook Conferencing Add-ins or within Live Meeting -> Attendees -> Invite -> Via Email, and the message will not contain an entry code.  This obivously causes problems with external recipients joining the meeting.

What would cause this?

The specific case I am dealing with now, the user is consistently not getting an Entry Code when using the conferencing add-ins.  Then he gets an error message stating the following prior to sending the meeting request:

"Certain people won't be able to join the meeting if their account can't be authenticated or authroized by your domain.  Note that these people could be within distribution lists.  For more information on federated domains, contact your server administrator."

Thanks in advance,

Phil
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:07 PM

Answers

• This is a user setting!
    When a user creates a Live Meeting Request then a user has the ability to choose if the Live Meeting requires a PIN yes or no
    You can change this by clicking on the Audio button in the Meeting Request and select "Require a Passcode"

Secondly a user has the choice to invite people but must configure the meeting as "Invite Everyone" on the Permissions Dropdown
    Anonymous meetings must also be allowed in the users or global policy

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    • Marked as answer by psharp Monday, June 1, 2009 5:25 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Secondly a user has the choice to invite people but must configure the meeting as "Invite Everyone" on the Permissions Dropdown
    Tommy,

I was able to figure out what the problem was.  Deli was part of the way there when he mentioned the above.  The user must be allowed to invite "Anonymous" users to the meeting.  Since it was happening sometimes and not others, I knew the policy was already configured properly (we use a blanket policy).  However, within Outlook, the users also have the ability to restrict the meeting's access.  Under the "Conferencing" section of the toolbar/ribbon there is an "Access" option.  There should be 3 options - Open Authenticated, Closed Authenticated, Anonymous.  Choosing anything other than Anonymous causes the entry code to disappear from the meeting request.

I guess the only question is - why would it default to one or the other?  I haven't figured that part of it out yet, but at least I know it isn't a configuration issue.

Hope this helps,

Phil
    Monday, June 1, 2009 5:25 PM

All replies

• Well i just want to confirm that u are not alone...
    Unfortunately i have not found a solution for this yet, so please post if u do.

Monday, May 18, 2009 1:33 PM
  • This is a user setting!
    When a user creates a Live Meeting Request then a user has the ability to choose if the Live Meeting requires a PIN yes or no
    You can change this by clicking on the Audio button in the Meeting Request and select "Require a Passcode"

Secondly a user has the choice to invite people but must configure the meeting as "Invite Everyone" on the Permissions Dropdown

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Secondly a user has the choice to invite people but must configure the meeting as "Invite Everyone" on the Permissions Dropdown
    Tommy,

I was able to figure out what the problem was.  Deli was part of the way there when he mentioned the above.  The user must be allowed to invite "Anonymous" users to the meeting.  Since it was happening sometimes and not others, I knew the policy was already configured properly (we use a blanket policy).  However, within Outlook, the users also have the ability to restrict the meeting's access.  Under the "Conferencing" section of the toolbar/ribbon there is an "Access" option.  There should be 3 options - Open Authenticated, Closed Authenticated, Anonymous.  Choosing anything other than Anonymous causes the entry code to disappear from the meeting request.

I guess the only question is - why would it default to one or the other?  I haven't figured that part of it out yet, but at least I know it isn't a configuration issue.

Hope this helps,

Phil
    Monday, June 1, 2009 5:25 PM