serial port control in asp.net2008 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am developing an application where i will have to use a serial port control.Can i use it at web page.................if yes then how.......?

Plz reply as soon as possible..........

thanks in advance
    • Moved by Harry Zhu Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:02 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Friday, November 13, 2009 8:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For the
    questions relating to asp.net ,please post to: http://forums.asp.net/.

Thanks,
    Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Pratyaksh Saturday, March 27, 2010 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:05 AM
  • Do want to use the serial port control to listen the port at client PC?

If you cannot use it in a web page. Becuase the content of a web page is rendered as HTML content.

If you want to use it at server side,  it is not a good idea  and  again cannot be implemented.

You can try to cerate a Window Service and try to use the serial port control if you want to use it at server side where the asp.net application is deployed.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For the
    questions relating to asp.net ,please post to: http://forums.asp.net/.

Thanks,
    Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:05 AM
  • Do want to use the serial port control to listen the port at client PC?

If you cannot use it in a web page. Becuase the content of a web page is rendered as HTML content.

If you want to use it at server side,  it is not a good idea  and  again cannot be implemented.

You can try to cerate a Window Service and try to use the serial port control if you want to use it at server side where the asp.net application is deployed.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:55 PM