Polycom CX700 will not work over the WAN RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a pair of Polycom CX700's running 1.0.452.0 (1.23). They work fine when adjacent on the LAN, or even in seperate VLAN's / Subnets on the same switch. When I place them across the WAN (one in HQ, one in Branch Office) - I can establish a call - however after 6 seconds I get an error saying the audio path can not be established and the call is torn down automaticaly.

Looking at packet captures I see one phone sending s STUN protocol message to the other phone - which does not seem to know how to handle it and that is when the call drops.

any thoughts or ideas ?

thanks Bob

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

STUN is used between the endpoint (tanjay) and the edge server - so the phones sending STUN requests to eachother may indicate that there is a problem with the edge server config.

The way that it should work is that each of the phones connects to the edge A/V service, and the calls are relayed through the edge. So the STUN messages should be between the Tanjay and the edge. When the phones are internal, the voice traffic is peer-to-peer & won't try to go through the edge.

Do you have your Edge server configured with a public IP address assigned to the A/V edge NIC (not using NAT)?

Regards,

Matt

Friday, April 18, 2008 3:51 PM
  • I suppose I should have included the following detail:

MOC clients on laptops work w/o issue between the BO and HQ locations

We do not have an edge server deployed at the BO (Branch Office)

There is an edge server at the HQ (Head Quarters) location - but I do not beleive it is in use or in the data path for MOC clients of ony type.

I hope this is more clear.....

thank you, Bob

Monday, April 21, 2008 2:30 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I have the same issue. When I connect the PolyCom CX700 to the internal network everthing works fine, but when I place a call to the PSTN with the polycom from outside the corporate firewall, the call is disconnected in about 6 seconds.

When using MOC from the same location, outside the corporate firewall I can succesfully place phone calls to the PSTN.

Did you find a solution yet?

Jeroen

Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:43 PM