Customer Portal Using Sql Membership Provider/ storing credentials in custom Entities? RRS feed

• Question

• I already authenticated using Active directory.But  I want to authenticate customer portal either using Sql Membership Provider or  storing credentials in Custom Entities. ..Can anyone have an idea? thanks in advance

Friday, October 7, 2011 5:59 PM

Answers

• The portal framework will support any ASP.NET membership provider.  The portal ships with a Live ID membership provider, and if you download the update from my blog site, you will see an implementation of it using the standard Active Directory membership provider.  You can plug in any membership provider, including a SQL membership provider.  If you want to store credentials in CRM, then I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the commercial edition from Adxstudio as they have a membership provider that stores the credentials securely in CRM using extensions to the contact record.  Feel free to download the modified portal that uses Active Directory from my blog site at http://www.shanmcarthur.net/crm/crm2011-articles/customer-portal-modifications

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    • Marked as answer by Palak Kadakia Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:51 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:53 PM