One Care Keeps Turning Off RRS feed

• Question

• Many times when I turn on the pc the Live One Care Icon is red and indicates the virus protection is turned off.  When I click it, it tuns green and all is well, but how is this getting turned off?  Does this mean that someone might be hacking into my pc? 

Thanks for the help!!

Ken

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 4:19 PM

Answers

• I suspect that your PC is running low on resources at startup and it is taking a while for everything to load. I also suspect that the icon you see is the Windows Security Center icon and not the OneCare icon, but I could be wrong. As long as the OneCare icon eventually appears and is green, you're fine. You may want to review your startup programs to make sure that you are only loading what you actually need to be loading. Many programs load up your startup folder and system tray with worthless applications that eat up resources and do nothing except allow their program to launch faster if you decide to run it later.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:16 PM

All replies

• I suspect that your PC is running low on resources at startup and it is taking a while for everything to load. I also suspect that the icon you see is the Windows Security Center icon and not the OneCare icon, but I could be wrong. As long as the OneCare icon eventually appears and is green, you're fine. You may want to review your startup programs to make sure that you are only loading what you actually need to be loading. Many programs load up your startup folder and system tray with worthless applications that eat up resources and do nothing except allow their program to launch faster if you decide to run it later.

-steve

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Thanks Steve!  I'll check the startup directory tonight!!

Friday, January 4, 2008 1:40 PM