Part of .NET Frame Work Missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to learn a little bit about communication with a RS232c port. When I tried to add the reference for System.IO to my VB.NET program it was missing. From some investigation it is a .NET 3.0 namespace and is not installed on my computer or my laptop.

Where can I find the forum to find out how I can add this to my computers so I can build a program that communicates with a port? I am using VS2008 Professional and Windows 7. I have not had any installation issues or errors when installing .NET 3.5 ect.. The installation is a fairly new one and I am not missing any updates on my system. I am new to VB.NET and the VS environment and have only used it for a few months.

Thanks for any help....
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:52 PM

Answers

• Never mind... My misunderstanding. The System.IO is applied when I add the serial port control from VS.
    • Marked as answer by Stu Ryan Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:10 PM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:10 PM

All replies

• Since you need help setting up the project reference in the VB IDE, I suggest you to visit the VB IDE forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:25 AM
  • Never mind... My misunderstanding. The System.IO is applied when I add the serial port control from VS.
    • Marked as answer by Stu Ryan Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:10 PM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:10 PM