locked
upnp dlna no longer working for non-windows devices (correction:wireless devices) RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am at a loss here gang and am hoping someone can guide me.

    I have not had any problems streaming my media to all of my many DLNA devices, which consists of apps on my iPad, Ipod, my blueray player on the TV, my android phones, and windows media players. I have been doing this since WHS 2011 was released - without a hitch.

    Well suddenly, my wife tells me she can't see the server anymore on her iPod, so I check all the other devices in the house, and I can't see the server either. When I check media player, I can see the server just fine. When I check the WHS web interface, I can stream there too.

    So it seems that I cannot see the server from non-windows UPNP devices anymore. Odd..

    So for giggles, I tried renaming the database file and having it rebuild - that didn't work. I also uninstalled my one and only plugin, which is the windows phone connector - that didn't work either. One note, I did install that phone connector plugin recently, when I got my Nokia 822. Not sure if that caused it thought. Either way, it is uninstalled now and problem still exists. I also know there were some Windows updates recently. *shrug*

    I checked my network setting on all the devices and everyone is getting the correct DHCP information.

    I am at a loss gang and hoping someone here can shine some light.

    Thanks.         
    • Edited by Dorpond Monday, December 24, 2012 4:00 AM
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

  • For those who are having the same issue, I identified that is wasn't non-windows devices that were the issue but wireless devices that weren't working. This is what you need to do if your wireless devices are unable to see the WHS DLNA:

    Log into your router and set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable

    I hope that helps!

    • Marked as answer by Dorpond Monday, December 24, 2012 3:59 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2012 3:59 AM